Notice Board 2/2004
EUROPEAN UNION HELPDESK DATABASE: ADVICE FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES EXPORTING TO EUROPEAN UNION
The Exports Helpdesk is an online resource, provided by the European Commission, to facilitate access for developing countries to markets within the European Union. The Exports Helpdesk provides relevant information required by developing country exporters interested in supplying the EU market.
For further information, please
MITI ANNUAL DIALOGUE 2004 FEEDBACK TO SARAWAK MANUFACTURERS` ASSOCIATION (SMA)
Mr. Chai Foh Chin, the President and Mr. Joseph Lau Ka Hoo, the Deputy Secretary-General attended the Annual Dialogue Session between YB Dato¡¯ Seri Rafidah Aziz, Minister of International Trade & Industry and the Private Sectors in Kuala Lumpur on 5 April 2004. SMA raised some issues at the Dialogue Session and the feedbacks were as follows:
Industries in Bintawa / Pending Industrial Estate (Redevelopment Zone) face financial constraints to relocate.
To provide relocation incentives.
Soft Loan for Factory Relocation of RM51 million administrated by MIDF was introduced in 2003 to assist SMEs to relocate from non-designated areas to approved industrial areas.
Maximum loan per company is RM1 million at 4% interest rate, for:
- purchase of factory lots;
- construction of factory and infrastructure; and
- purchase of related machinery and equipment.
- The Government to consider granting relocation tax incentives.
DELAY IN APPROVING E-MANUFACTURING GRANT
Delay in approving application for E-Manufacturing Grant, which was submitted in July 2003, with complete documents.
To expedite approval.
- As of February 2004, 180 applications were approved with total grants amounting to RM15.69 million. This amount has already exceeded the total allocation under Eighth Malaysia Plan.
- The grant scheme has been converted to Soft Loan for ICT Adoption, managed by MIDF. The Scheme offers loan up to a maximum of RM250, 000 with 3% interest.
- SMIDEC has already informed all outstanding applications to apply for Soft Loan for ICT Adoption from MIDF.
- All applications for soft loans will be processed within one week. Applications not wishing to opt for the soft loans to inform SMIDEC.
Posted Date: 23 Oct 2004