Grant for Development and Promotion of Halal Product
The Scheme is introduced to encourage SMEs in the development and promotion of halal products (food and *non food). A total of RM10 million has been allocated to implement the Scheme.
*Non-Food Products including: Pharmaceutical, Herbal Supplements, Gelatin Products, Leather, Aromatherapy, Perfumery and Toiletries.
The Scheme provides assistance to SMEs
- Preparations of halal product
- Development and improvement of halal product and processes
- Acquiring related certifications and quality standards
- Promotional activities of halal produc
- Locally incorporated companies with at least 60% equity held by Malaysians
- Must not be listed on any stock exchange
- Possess valid premise license
- Manufacturing and manufacturing related services**
- Distributive trade (retail and wholesale)
Form of Assistance:
Assistance is given in the form of a matching grant where 50% of the approved project cost is borne by the Government and the remainder by the applicant. The maximum grant allocated per company is RM150,000.
- Expenditure related in developing halal products such as product testing fee, raw materials, formulation, etc.
- Expenditure related to compliance for halal certification requirements, excluding cost of machinery and equipment
- Cost of marketing and promotional activities of products and services.
** Main activities under manufacturing related services are:
- Research and Development ( R & D) such as product/ process development and software development
- Product and Process Design
- Distribution and Logistics such as warehousing, freight forwarding, bulk-breaking, international procurement centre, haulage
- Marketing such as packaging and market research
- Environmental Management
- Other related services such as engineering support services, gas sterilization services, calibration and testing services
Application can be made using the Halal 1/2005 form which can be obtained free of charge from SMIDEC¡¯s offices or downloaded using URL below:
For further details, please contact:
Small and Medium Industries Development Corporation
701D, Level 7, Tower D, Uptown 5,
No.5, Jalan SS21/39,
47400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel : 603-7628 7400
Fax : 603-7660 1919
Toll Free Line: 1-800-18-1801
Small and Medium Industries Development Corporation (SMIDEC)
Tingkat 3, Menara Grand
Lot 42, Section 46
Jalan Ban Hock
Tel: 6082-252 955/ 238 955/ 256 955
Fax: 6082-253 955
Contact Person : En. Ismail Hashim (Regional Director)
En. Mohd Faizul Ishak (Asst. Regional Director)
Posted Date: 23 Nov 2005