OBJECTIVES OF THE IGS
The main objectives of this Scheme are:
* To encourage Malaysian companies to be more innovative in using and adapting existing technologies and creating new technologies, products and processes which will benefit the national economic.
* To strengthen national competitiveness in the global markets.
* To promote closer cooperation through joint ventures and institutional linkages between the private sector and public sector universities and research institutes; and
* To encourage strategic global and regional linkages in Research and Development (R&D) to enhance indigenous technology development.
" Project proposals submitted for grant support under the Scheme must meet the definition of R&D as defined in the Promotion of Investment Act, 1986 as follows:
* Any systematic or intensive study carried out in the field of science and technology with the object of using the results of the study for the promotion or improvement of materials, devices, products, produce or processes, but does not include-
* quality control or routine testing of materials, devices, products or produce;
* research in the social sciences or the humanities;
* routine data collections;
* efficiency surveys or management studies; and
* market research or sales promotion. "
PRIORITY TECHNOLOGY AREAS
Project proposals relating to Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Materials, Aerospace, Automotives, Biotechnology, Ceramics, Composite Materials, Electronics, Energy, Environmental Technology, Hi-Tech Machinery & Equipment, Information and Multimedia Technology (ICT) as well as other key technologies supportive of the industrial clusters in the new IMP or targeted technologies under the Seventh Malaysia Plan will receive priority consideration under the Scheme.
SUBBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
All applications marked "CONFIDENTIAL" and related communications under the Scheme must be directed to:
Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment,
The IGS Secretariat,
Level 1, Block C5, Parcel C,
Federal Government Administrative Centre,
Tel: (603) 8885 8065
Fax: (603) 8889 3005
Person to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment, Malaysia.